The Aiphone AX-248C central exchange unit controls all audio and video communication as well as any connecting output such as video and door release for up to 8 master stations and 24 door or sub-master stations (sold separately). The included software works with a PC to program the system functionality and record data from the system. The priority of each station can be ranked and programmed into the unit so that when multiple calls are received, the unit places them in a queue based on a combination of the station's registered priority and time the call was placed. CCTV and electronic access control can be integrated using a customized third-party program (not included). The unit has a black metal housing and mounts to a desk, wall, or 19: EIA rack (sold separately) using the included brackets. Requires one Aiphone PS-2420UL power supply (sold separately) for an audio-only system, or two PS-2420UL power supplies for an audio/video system.
|Overall dimensions||3-7/16 x 18-7/8 x 13-3/16 inches/88 x 480 x 335 mm (H x W x D)*|
|Current consumption||1.1A maximum (video), 1.25A maximum (audio)|
|Door release contact||(24) 24VAC or 24VDC at 500 mA dry contacts that can be programmed normally open or normally closed|
|Compatible wiring||Cat-5e homerun|
|Wiring connection||RJ45 jacks (one for each master, sub-master, and door station)|
|Power requirements (station)||24VDC at 2A. Use one Aiphone PS-2420UL (sold separately) for audio-only system; use two for audio/video system.|
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
Door intercom systems allow an occupant of a building to communicate remotely with a visitor through at least one door intercom and master intercom. Master intercoms with a door-access button remotely unlock the door for the visitor.
Aiphone manufactures intercom systems for residential, business, and healthcare structures. The company, founded in Japan in 1948, has its North American headquarters in Bellevue, WA. Aiphone meets International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards 9001 and 14001.
What's in the Box?
- Aiphone AX-284C exchange unit
- USB to serial cable with driver
- Mounting hardware
- (2) mounting brackets
- Central exchange unit controls all audio and video communication as well as any connecting output such as video and door release for up to 8 master stations and 24 door or sub-master stations (sold separately)
- Included software works with a PC to program functionality and record data from the system
- Priority programming arranges multiple calls in a queue based on a combination of registered station priority and time the call was placed
- CCTV and electronic access control can be integrated using a customized third-party program (not included)
- Mounting options include desk, wall, and 19:EIA rack mount